Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"

Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"
My FREE short story Memoir Available Worldwide on Amazon and iBooks (Click the Picture Above)

Friday, July 8, 2011

No Arrest....Yet in Key West

In Key West, if you're homeless, every place you go is trespassing. I bought food from the local Albertson's grocery store from my own food stamp card, sat down at the store on the curb, to consume what I had just bought and a Key West Police officer came up about 10 minutes into the consumption. With my receipt in hand, the officer ordered my co homeless buddy and I to move on without question or she would put us in jail for trespassing. I have since gotten a trespass @ McDonald's AND Citco (gas station)) in one sitting because my buddy, Bobby, is good at panhandling. I can not panhandle to save my life. He is good and ALMOST a professional, getting us money for cigarettes and beer. So it's beneficial for me to stick around and see what he can get. For the record, I have NEVER been to jail. I would hate to go after all these years for trespassing and/or drinking in public, both of which are the most popular offenses of homeless people in Key West. For shits and giggles, here is the most popular website in Monroe County. http://www.keysso.net After you get there, click on Arrest/Mug Shots..Very entertaining, I guess because I probably know, know of, or have seen about a third of the people on there... FYI..Municipal Ordinance Violation means...Drinking in Public.

No comments:

Post a Comment