Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"

Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"
My FREE short story Memoir Available Worldwide on Amazon and iBooks (Click the Picture Above)

Thursday, April 19, 2012

GOD told me to tell you and Dream another dream, this gig is over

Well, tax season is over which also means, my gig playing Statue of Liberty in the street is over and I am officially unemployed and now I can play bum again. I do a pretty good job at that but it doesn't pay anything, that's the part I need to find out how to change that scenario. If I was smart enough, I should get a street performer's license and play drums on 5 gallon buckets down tourist trap street, I mean, Duval street, that way I wouldn't have to go out and get a heaven forbid, dare I say, REAL J.O.B., it makes me itchy just thinking about the corporate nightmare. But the license isn't cheap, I heard it's about a buck fifty but I could make that back and then some, in the long run and make my own hours. I still couldn't sleep in because K.O.T.S. wakes you up at 6:30 A.M. every morning without fail and yo ass better be off the property by 7:30 A.M. or yo ass is gonna be written up per Nancy Banks, it's a scary thought. Side note: Murphy can get back into K.O.T.S. tomorrow night and my other dumb ass friend Scotty can get back in on the 24th after he got busted drinking Vodka at the hacienda de K.O.T.S. I don't understand why these stupid ass people bring alcohol into K.O.T.S. Scotty's not the only one, I always see at least one beer can or empty pint bottle in the garbage can of the bathroom every night.... I got kicked out the one and only time when I was finishing my beer which I had in a brown Arizona tea bottle outside the gate next to my bike waiting for the line to go down when Monitor asshole Cookie Monster comes out and asked me what was in my bottle I replied, "Tea" of course. He came over and smelt the beer in the bottle and said I couldn't stay at the lovely homeless shelter that night. To his credit, he only kicked me out for one night. But in my defense, I didn't bring the beer pass the fence and inside, I was trying to follow the rules. But they said, that you can can't have alcohol on the property period. I wasn't gonna argue where the property line started but I started to.

Anyway, their kicking me out of the library due to limited computer time..here's a new poem...


GOD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU

4-10-12/ADDED LYRICS 4-18-12 GOD WASN'T FINISHED YET, NOT MY FAULT, BLAME IT ON THE ALMIGHTY



CAN YOU SEE MY TEARS

BEHIND MY SUNGLASSES

(AS THE SUN SETS)



I'VE SEEN

A LOT MORE THAN

YOU WILL COMPREHEND

(RISE ABOVE THE REST)

(NOT THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM)



BEEN THERE

DONE THAT

(COMES WITH A PRICE)



I CAN'T EXPLAIN

YOU HAD TO BE THERE

(A TOUGH ROAD TO FOLLOW)

WRITE A HIT SONG

TO SAVE THE WORLD



ONE CHANCE

TO LAST

A LIFETIME



GOD HAS GIVEN ME

THE POWER TO SPREAD THE WORD



I CAN'T HELP IT

HE CHOSE ME

TO TELL YOU

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW



IT'S UP TO YOU

TO READ

THE WRITING ON THE WALL



TAKE WHAT YOU CAN GET

FROM THE WISDOM

HANG ON TO

YOUR FREEDOM

HE WILL WAIT FOR YOU

AT THE KINGDOM



IF YOU DO

THE RIGHT THING

AT

THE RIGHT TIME



GIVE WHAT YOU HAVE

PASS ALONG THE LOVE



HE TOLD ME

HE DOESN'T LIKE

GREED OR GLUTTONY



HE LIKES TO SEE

PEOPLE HELPING

OTHERS IN NEED



I ONLY TRANSFORM

THE INFORMATION

INTO A

SIMPLE POEM

SO THERE IS

NO CONFUSION

THERE SEEMS TO BE

ENOUGH OF THAT

IN THE LAND OF

PLENTY



I CAN ONLY TELL YOU

WHAT HE TOLD ME



POST IT ON A PAGE

FOR ALL TO SEE



THIS IS THE END

OF MY STORY



P.S. BY THE WAY



ONE LAST THING

HE SAID

BEFORE WE GOT DISCONNECTED

HE LOVES ALL HIS CHILDREN AND CREATURES

HE CREATED



####

No comments:

Post a Comment