Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"

Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"
My FREE short story Memoir Available Worldwide on Amazon and iBooks (Click the Picture Above)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In Memory of my friend, Claymation. A celebration of Life. O positive blood

Clay was a fellow homeless friend of mine that I met at KOTS, the Key West homeless shelter. I affectionately nicknamed him, Claymation. He was murdered on Christmas Day. I don't understand, as Clay was a sweet, gentle guy. He would give you the last sip of a drink and he volunteered at the local church. A stand up human being that wouldn't hurt a fly.

The news report of the incident:

One homeless man is dead and another is in jail for killing him. The motive: an dispute over a woman.

According to reports by deputies and detectives, 47 year old William Millstead killed 49 year old Clay Ratcliff Saturday by hitting him in the head with a hammer repeatedly. Millstead was angry because he found out Ratcliff and 26 year old Nina Pintowski were having sexual relations. Millstead said he thought he and Pintowski were in a relationship, and he was upset that his “best friend” Ratcliff had betrayed him.

The incident took place at 6:30 p.m. at a camp set up by the two men on a piece of property commonly called “Enchanted Isle”, just off Highway U.S. One near the entrance to Key Haven. When Deputies Martin Harbin and John Gabay arrived, Pintowski was in the median strip of the highway, flagging them down. After she told them what happened, Sheriff’s Sgt. Charlene Sprinkle-Huff called for assistance from Key West Police, who responded to the scene as well.

Paramedics arrived and declared Ratcliff dead at the scene. Ratcliff had multiple head wounds. Officers from KWPD located Millstead a short distance away and took him in to custody. He was charged with first degree murder and he was booked into jail. The hammer he allegedly used to kill Ratcliff was located in some bushes, where Millstead told detectives he’d thrown it.

This is a Claymation Collaboration, he loved the phase I came up with, Karamatic Justice.

STOLE MY BACKPACK

THAT'S A FACT JACK



EVERYTHING YOU DO

WILL COME BACK TO YOU




I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

IF YOU GET

RUN OVER BY A TRUCK



LOOK OUT FOR

THAT TRUCK CHUCK



KARMATIC JUSTICE



SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK

Written by Clay Radcliff and Kevin Dale Sanders on August 22nd, 2010

I hope he is served well...Thank you for the Vodka when I had nothing.. Rest In Peace, my friend.

On a positive note, I found out that my blood type is: O positive. I was hoping for O because apparently it is in short supply and in need, so I feel blessed that I have something that I can give to help somebody and maybe save a life after a tragedy. GOD works in mysterious ways. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment