Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"

Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"
My FREE short story Memoir Available Worldwide on Amazon and iBooks (Click the Picture Above)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Waiting For The "Green" People

I am still waiting for the "green" people. They are the ones with green shirts on that go out on the street and "verify" that you are homeless. You have to tell them where about you sleep in which I have. My main concern is getting my I.D. but they have informed me that I still have to go through this process and I have been communicating with the director of the homeless help here in Miami Beach via email and she wrote me yesterday saying that they went looking for me at my spot and couldn't find me and that is because I was at the library. The library is on 22nd and Collins and I stay at the park on 13th and Ocean Drive. So today I made it a point to hang out and mostly sleep in my homeless area but to no avail as no "green" people showed up. I awoke to 2 teen age kids who offered me some Lucky Charms cereal in a bag without the marsh mellows which I thought was kinda of odd but I thanked them and accepted the offer. They took off advising me to keep my head up which I thought was very cool and rare coming from teenagers. Not all but most teenagers are usually self centered, know it alls who only care about what they can get or what they have. After waking up from my 3 hour nap, I headed for the park rest room to do what I had to do and on my way there a Miami Beach policeman on a bicycle rides by me and says, "Hey, what's in the bag?" And I pulled it out from underneath my arm to show him and he said, "Oh, it's cereal" And I said, "Yeah" and then he told me he didn't want to see me in the park again. Which perplexed me and made me wonder why? Like I did something wrong and I had just been sleeping the whole time in the park. Anyway, the evening before was amazing. I went out on the beach to drink a beer after drumming up some money at Washington and Lincoln Road, this time I made 7 dollars. While on the beach, this black lady probably in her early 30's, waves to me from a distance and I turn to see if see was waving to somebody else and it was me, so I waved back and she came over and said she was bored and if I wouldn't mind if she sat down and I said, please have a seat and she asked me if I drank and I said I'm drinking a beer right now and she offered me some P. Diddy water aka Ciroc Vodka and I took a swig and man was that smooth coconut flavored, I didn't even need a chaser as opposed to the rock gut cheap ass shit Vodka I'm used to drinking. So we got to talking and she told me she was down on vacation from Atlanta waiting for her boyfriend to come into town on Wednesday and I explained I was born in Miami and raised in Marathon in the Florida Keys and I was currently homeless looking for the "green" people to help me get my I.D. I don't throw my situation out there seeking pity or anything like that, I'm just straight up and honest and she was actually accepting and sympathetic of the fact which I thought was cool and refreshing after dealing with people that look down on you and look at you funny. Again,not EVERYBODY is a mean, self centered, egotistical, head up their asshole idiot but they are out there. But this lady was so down to Earth and noticed that I was too and so we hit it off. I had told her I lost everything even the shirt off my back, literally. All I have is a black sweater hoody jacket, long camouflage pants, a pair of Nike sneakers and ONE sock, I lost the other one. I'm glad my ass is attached to me, otherwise,I'd probably end up losing that. I still have my mind, I think. After she heard that pathetic story, she handed me a 20 dollar bill, I was shocked and thankful. We continued to shoot the shit about life and how we couldn't understand why people look down on other people when we are all human beings but some people think they are better than others. I had mentioned how I loved music and music was my life and how I missed the radio I had lost (I wasn't fishing!) and she asked where can we get the radio and I told her Walgreens has them and she said, "O.K. we going to Walgreens and getting you another radio!" I said, "No, I can't let you do that" She said, "Nope, we gettin you a radio, where is Walgreens at?" and we proceeded to walk to Walgreens and she bought me the radio for 25 bucks. I felt so guilty but yet so blessed and grateful, I wanted it so bad that I was planning on stealing it. But they had a lock on it and I don't like stealing. I walked her back to her hotel and gave her a hug and thanked her so much. She said she was going to clean up and that she would be back out but I haven't seen her again. We both still don't know each other's name. But we both know it was an act of GOD and fate that we met. It's a beautiful thing that gives me hope and belief that things will get better in time. Meanwhile, I found out my road dog Billy has been arrested for consuming alcohol in public you can check it out at www.whosarrested.com under William Howard, I haven't seen him since. If I don't see the "green" people tonight, I feel I need to go back to Key West to get my I.D. while I still have a few bucks to make it there on the bus. Murphy hopefully stays out of jail and I can find him in Key West, he will be able to help me. Until the next move, I will let you know of my whereabouts and latest happenings. Remember to have fun as you only live once..Peace Out






No comments:

Post a Comment