Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"

Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"
My FREE short story Memoir Available Worldwide on Amazon and iBooks (Click the Picture Above)

Thursday, January 3, 2013

ONE DOOR CLOSES, AS ANOTHER OPENS

Well, well, well I am not psychic but I saw this coming as no surprise. I was "let go" from my duties as a newspaper hawker for the Key West Citizen because I couldn't mustard up enough sales to garner my 5 dollar a day bonus they pay you if you sell 1 to 24 papers, if you sell 25 to 49, you get 10 dollars a day and so on and so forth. Hell, my record was only 12 the whole 2 months I was there. You get .25 cents on a fiddy cent paper and get to keep your tips but I would only sell on average, 2 - 4 papers a day so the Citizen didn't think that since I only turn in, say a dollar on a good day, for their cut of the daily profits that paying me that 5 dollar "bonus" didn't make sense which I kinda agree but still contest that for that measly 5 dollars, I would be out on the street corner by 7:30 in the morning (I tried going out there earlier but the traffic just wasn't there and not worth it, at least as far as I was concerned. I could of been out there at 5 o'clock in the morning like the other "freaks" but it didn't make sense nor a difference. With the Internet and home subscriptions with free months enticements, I think the days of the hawkers are numbered. Except for the "freaks" (Please forgive me lord) who have been doing it for years and have a loyal following. God bless and more power to them, they deserve every penny they get. I am not bitter or jealous, although, I know I may sound like it, but I really am happy for them, they have a dedication that I am not willing to devote to, especially not for, what amounts for me working 3 hours a day, 7 days a week, for what equates to about 2 dollars an hour. Homey don't play that. So as the title suggest, that door is closed....and now for the door (I'll take door number 2, Monty) to open and it's a door I have already been through before. That door is the Liberty Tax door and I walked through it today after being FIRED !!! (there I said it, I am finally, sniffle, sniffle, officially past the denial stage) from the newspaper business. I noticed that my former bosses, John and Theresas' car was out in front of the Liberty Tax office and stopped in and I officially start back as the Statue of Liberty on Monday, January 7th, at 8 a.m.... My co-hawker at the Citizen, Lloyd, wanted to do the Statue too, so I told him I would put in a good word for him, so he will probably be out there doing it as well. O.K....enough of that. I received a gift from Pastor Omar. A pair of real drumsticks and a opportunity to play a real set of drums at the old Douglas school in Key West.. I'll keep you posted when more details appear..Speaking of appearing,(Drum Roll, please, thank you) I just checked the Sheriff's website and saw that Murphy, yes that Murphy, the "star" of the Murphy Show on YouTube has...... BEEN RELEASED FROM JAIL!!! (Cymbal crash here) Lock up your liquor cabinets and stay off the beaten path or whatever path Murphy decides to go down because he's loose once again and he will be around town!!.....Next I have a poem burning a hole in my back pocket and if I don't put it on here, I will lose it (not mind-wise, paper-wise, silly) Here we go...again.. I really have too much time on my hands but I must admit, I have fun with that time I spend, I certainly don't have MONEY to spend...




I DON'T HAVE A TITLE, YOU CAN MAKE UP YOUR OWN DAMN TITLE,



Written (for some reason) on 12/29/12



THE IDIOTS THAT DON'T GET IT

CAN'T BLAME ME

FOR THEIR IGNORANCE

NOT MY FAULT

THEY MISSED THE BOAT

WHEN THEY WERE

PASSING BRAINS OUT

POINT THE FINGER

AT SOMEBODY ELSE



I REFUSE TO BE

THEIR SCAPE GOAT

GOT ENOUGH PROBLEMS

OF MY OWN

KEEP ON MOVIN'

DOWN THE ROAD



YOUR EXCUSE

HAS WORN OLD

LIKE A BROWN SHOE

THAT NOBODY WANTS TO WALK

LEFT ALONE

UNDERNEATH

A

FULL MOON





O.K..... I think I am referring to the friggin homeless idiots that I am constantly surrounded by. These motherfuckers (excuse my fuckin language) are the NEEDIEST, GREEDIEST pieces of dirt I have ever seen. I laugh when people bitch about the homeless in the Citizen's Voice. I say to myself, TRY LIVING with these scumbags. You poor thing you, you have to look at them and they take up space...I gotta go..



No comments:

Post a Comment