Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"

Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"
My FREE short story Memoir Available Worldwide on Amazon and iBooks (Click the Picture Above)

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Where Art Thou Murphy

Back again? Don't you have anything better to do??? Just kidding, of course. If you know me, you know I kid. Well, I got a memo this morning on my stack of newspapers to sell (yes, I DID get the memo) that instructed me to see my boss, Dave @ the Key West Citizen after 10 a.m. So I go there after having sold 3 newspapers and he informed me that the Citizen can't pay me 5.00 dollars (bonus pay) a day for selling 1 or 2 papers, turning in .50 cents. Which I totally understand that they are losing money and I'm not even good at math and even I can figure that one out. So he gave me another week and if I can't sell 25 or more papers I have to ship out. He told me every time he drove by me, he saw me sitting down. I told him it was a coincidence and that I walk up and down with blank stares and people scrambling for their phone instead of .50 cents to buy a paper. My counterpart kiddie corner to me (not kidding) sells twice as much as I do. I don't know what else to do. So I wrote a song. Want to hear it? O.K. Here it goes.

WHERE ART THOU MURPHY

OH WHERE
OH WHERE
DID MY MURPHY GO

I KNOW HE WENT TO JAIL
BUT HE HASN'T COME HOME

THEY LOCKED HIM UP
FOR DOING THE
UNKNOWN

OH WHERE
OH WHERE
DID MY MURPHY GO

I FEEL ALL ALONE
WITHOUT MY MURPHY SHOW
WHAT DO I DO
WITHOUT
THE ONLY FRIEND
I KNOW

GONNA LOSE MY JOB
IN A WEEK OR SO

OH WHERE
OH WHERE
IS MY MURPHY SHOW

I wrote that titty bit at Bayview Park in Key West today 12/27/12
Thank you very much.
Come back soon, ya' hear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment