Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"

Author of the memoir, "Where Did My Life Go?"
My FREE short story Memoir Available Worldwide on Amazon and iBooks (Click the Picture Above)

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Back in Key West, waiting for the rain to stop so I can go back to work again..meanwhile

I just peddled from Big Pine Key to Key West on the bike I bought in Marathon. I was planning, dreadfully, on spending the night at K.O.T.S. I usually wait until 7:30 to go in, to let the line go down from the start time of 6:30. If Led Zeppelin or the Eagles were playing a show, I might wait with aggravation in line. But I'll be damn to wait in line with a bunch of other drunk ass idiots to enter a homeless shelter. So I sat in front of the Hyatt hotel, in a grassy field, listening to my music and writing words in my notebook. Then all of a sudden, the sprinkler system comes on, spraying water on me directly into my face and onto my notebook. I was pissed, to say the least. I get up and take off towards K.O.T.S, reluctantly. I get to the entrance around 7:40 to find the gate shut with a sign that reads, "Closed". With a sigh of relief, I thank God and peddle my bike to my go to "secret spot" that the police have never been to, at least, not when I ever slept there. I really didn't want to deal with the drama bullshit anyway. After a few beers, I go to sleep without alarm or a worry of cops. I woke up about 4 hours later at 3:00 o'clock in the morning before sunrise, of course. I needed a cigarette and I still had a couple of beers left. So I sparked a cigarette, cracked a beer and turned on my iPad and put on the "History of the Eagles" that I downloaded (yes, I paid for it!) from iTunes in Marathon. I watched both parts, 1 & 2, (no, I didn't take a piss or give a shit, actually I DID take a piss, TMI, I know, haha)....Anyway, I love the documentary and it's great inspiration, so much so, I decided to write a song.

The first song/poem I wrote sitting in front of the Hyatt just before I and the sprinklers went off. The second is after I watched the Eagles. I'm sure you will see the references. If not, you need to go back to reading song lyrics and poem school and get a life while you're at it, you friggin' idiots!!...;) Here we go.....drum roll, please....thank you

1/3/2014

Surrounded by idiots
I can't escape
And you wonder why
I go crazy
I try to hold onto my brain
They try to take away
Over my insane body
Dead in the grave

They must not be thinking
I told them the answers
But they failed the test
With more stupid questions

I am at a loss
For words 
I'm convinced
You can't teach
An old idiot
New tricks
I'm a dumb ass too
I should know

Look down on me
Like you wish you could be
Like you know something
I don't
Your ideas don't work for me
Not my fault
They told you wrong

Blame yourself
You have nowhere else to go
Take a look in the mirror
That you already broke
Sure
I have bad luck too
You're nothing special
I'm in the same boat
Just a little different
With my own thoughts
With words I put on paper
Transpose
I still have dreams you lost
A long time ago
You rather steal something
That doesn't  belong to you

Hard to handle the truth
When it constantly reminds you
You have to copy somebody else
You try to redeem yourself

You try
To put water on my fire
But the truth comes out
You can't even hold
A flame to a candle

I would love to say 
I feel sorry for you
But I don't
Such a shame
I won't even put pity on you
You just get in my way

1/4/2014. 6:04 in the morning after the Eagles reunion and recovery show.

Sleep on the porch
Escape the rain
Before the to kill ya sunrise
See the eagles soar
To greater heights
Wake up to see
The morning light

Back on the road
Without a wink
Wonder how music
Has got me this far

Fate 
Right or wrong
Shows me
Which way to go
My life
My love
My religious experience 
My pure existence 

God will take me
When my work is done
But I am not quite finished
I still have
A long way to go
Seems like such
A short distance
On a beautiful
Dark and lonely road

Searching to find
My lost soul


This picture was taken on the "hump" of the 7 mile bridge while I peddled across on my way to Key 
West.




No comments:

Post a Comment